Views
Helpful
Replies

Retrieve Webex recording

Username.Melody
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to retrieve a Webex recording, if we hit "Record" at the start of the meeting, but forgot to hit "end" before leaving the meeting?

Thank your very much!

3 Replies 3

SiliconRichard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings,

If a meeting recording is started it should be on in the system. You can check for recordings here: https://help.webex.com/en-us/nuwqxdab/Find-your-Webex-Recordings

If you're unable to find it in the system then I would suggest opening a TAC case. They will be able to help you if you have the meeting number that is available in the invite. Provide the approximate date/time too so they can help identify it faster in the system.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard, I have not had one instance where a recording was recoverable (without TAC) when the user started the recording, and ended the meeting before pressing stop recording.

I wish this were not the case, and maybe should be submitted as a bug report or feature request.

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I do not believe so. I stress this to all recording users - you must stop the recording, or it will be lost. I have had plenty of instances of this, and have never been able to recover the recordings.

You are welcome to try TAC, but its likely lost.