cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RSS Bot not accepting Messages

shockocisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using the RSS bot in WebEx teams for several months but now when I message it and use one of the commands like 'manage' or the like I get no response. How to troubleshoot? I have tried this directly to the bot in a 1-to-1 space and in group spaces. Other Bots are working fine. In a space where I set this up originally I still receive RSS feeds but cannot add new ones! 

7 Replies 7

Matt_Wynd
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco team significantly upgraded the RSS bot functionality. It's been engineered in a way that you can manage much of the RSS feeds in a space with out spamming the space with commands. Start with "@rss help" to learn more about the updated functionality. More info available on the Cisco Webex bot gallery at https://apphub.webex.com/teams/applications/rss-2739 . I love this upgrade. Worth checking out for anyone who wants to provide Webex Teams news announcement spaces to their community

This is the problem though. Typing '@Rss help' and hitting enter nothing happens in either 1-to-1 space or group space in which the RSS Bot is present. 

I have a ticket open with support but seems to be working since the latest update of Team to 40.11.0.17133

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi
If you are using this RSS.bot@webex.bot based on AppHub https://apphub.webex.com/messaging/applications/rss-2739 , then it is working for me.
When I ask it in a 1-2-1 space to manage it suggests I click on a link to manage my subscriptions.
Is this the one you are using?
Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

Yes indeed. When I message it nothing happens. I have tried this on my personal device also. We do have external domain restrictions in place as we have claimed our corporate domain. Could this be impacting (I don't think so as other bots working). 

Claiming the domain shouldn't have stopped this bot.
My bot is still working. Can you resubscribe and leave the space and try again perhaps?
Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

See that's the problem. It might have been added to many spaces over the last year or so It's difficult to find it's memberships. I'll see if I can find the spaces it's a member of using the API as I have many spaces!