cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscription for "MEET" redirects to "Starter" and "Business" ????

Mike18541
Level 1
Level 1

I had a "Plus" account, and asked cisco how to get the "Meet" subscription. This is what I was told .. and it doesn't work.

1. Downgrade to the free account - I did this.   Had to wait until the renewal date for it to be reclassified as "Free".  That was today.  Verified it's now a free account.

2. Sign up for Meet.  I clicked on Meet ($15), added call me ($4).  Entered credit card.

3. After entering cc info, screen was redirected to choose "Starter" or "Business".  While the Starter is five cents less (14.95), it has less capability then Meet (150 vs 200) and (5 GB vs 10GB.).

Seems like Cisco rolled out a new pricing structure, but the infrastructure to support signup is messed up.  Any one have any advice?

thanks, Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Mike18541
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE - Cisco has verified that "Meet" is a new offering.  It looks just like Starter, is 5 cents more per month, has up to 10 GB (up from 5),and 200 participants (up from 150).  If you already have Starter, Pro or Business, you have to downgrade to free, then wait till auto renew occurs which will get you into free, than at that point you can upgrade to Meet.  There is no way to directly convert from Starter, Pro or Business, to MEET.  Cisco was playing around over the weekend and exposed only part of their role out which is why I saw what I saw, but couldn't do anything to get it.  I signed up for Starter and may change after a month.    

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mike18541
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE - Cisco has verified that "Meet" is a new offering.  It looks just like Starter, is 5 cents more per month, has up to 10 GB (up from 5),and 200 participants (up from 150).  If you already have Starter, Pro or Business, you have to downgrade to free, then wait till auto renew occurs which will get you into free, than at that point you can upgrade to Meet.  There is no way to directly convert from Starter, Pro or Business, to MEET.  Cisco was playing around over the weekend and exposed only part of their role out which is why I saw what I saw, but couldn't do anything to get it.  I signed up for Starter and may change after a month.    

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which license-level do you refer to?

I don´t see "meet" as an option on this page: https://www.webex.com/pricing/index.html

Perhaps I am missing the point...?

Thanks.

Some time over the past eight days Cisco had a new pricing schema on their website.   If you attempted to upgrade from a free account you had an option for a "Meet" account.  There was also a Voice account, as well as a combo Meet and Voice.  I've attached the screen shot after I chose "Meet" which sent me to the check out page.

Cisco Support - One person said it was just introduced a week ago, and another person said it doesn't exist.   Clearly it did.   I was on Chrome.  I tried it with Edge and the Meet selection was gone and only the Free, Starter and Business was presented.   I then cleared the Chrome cash, and the Meet selection page no longer existed.  

Somehow, at one time in the past week, Cisco had this page and I caught it, and chrome cashed it, so it was still present.   Now it's gone.   Was this a Cisco experiment, an oops, a premature display?