cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Talking on mute notification not sensitive enough

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

The latest versions of Webex and Webex Meetings include the feature to show a notification to a user when they are talking on mute, which is great. However, we have found that the sensitivity to trigger this notification is far too low, making the feature nearly useless. In my tests, using a headset, I literally have to yell into the microphone or put it in my mouth before it notifies me that I am talking while muted. Enabling "Music Mode" seems to improve this somewhat, so I'm guessing there is a conflict with the noise-removal features which are enabled by default.

I'm curious to know if others have the same experience, or if there's simply something off in our configurations. I have tested this out on a few Windows 10 devices and they all had the same issue.

I have raised a "feature request" for this, but not sure if this should be considered more of a bug. Does Cisco even test these things before releasing them?

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-2578

5 Replies 5

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'd like to get more visibility on this since it STILL appears to be an issue. 

Please consider upvoting the feature request here to get Cisco's attention on it:
https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-3856

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You're welcome.

Response Signature

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Wade H. I had not noticed, but decided to do some testing:

Jabra Speak device - agree.  I had to get really close, make percussive noise, or talk really loudly.  Did not  make any difference with background noise suppression on or off.

Plantronics Headset connected via BT600 - same as above

Cisco 561 - I could not get a mute notification AT ALL, no matter how obnoxious I was or background noise suppression.  

Will go check out your IDEA now.

Response Signature

Thank you for testing! I’m glad to see it’s not just me. I don’t understand how Cisco could release this feature in this state. It’s totally useless. Hopefully they address the sensitivity soon.

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Bump. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.