cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Teams Notifications not working

maglittl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My normal "ping" for Webex Teams notifications is not working; I believe my app got automatically updated, and since then, i am getting no sounds from Teams. 

I have restarted my computer,  changed the notification sound, confirmed notifications are on for Webex in System Preferences (I am on a Mac), and nothing is working so far. I am getting correct sound and notifications for other apps, like Outlook, and my speaker volume is working normally.

i found a discussion thread about this in 2020 and people had similar problems...anyone find a solution? 

3 Replies 3

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@maglittl 
It may happen, that the automatic Update of the Webex-Client causes issues.
- you may try to reset the local database. (Help - health check)
- you may try to re-install the application. By default no admin-privileges are required to install the Webex-Client - but this may be handled differently in your organisation.

Hi Fritz,

The DB reset didn't help for me.

The following fixed it, at least for now:

Uninstalled the webex app (using our IT self service tool),

then deleted the webex from /Applications,

downloaded the installer from webex.com and installed it.

Might be that the version installed from IT self service is different than the one from webex.com.

mgrzesia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have similar problem - the only time I get notification sounds is where I'm in a meeting within webex app itself.

I've uninstalled the webex and installed it again, and the sounds were working again, but then webex got updated and it stopped working again.

MacOS BigSur.