Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM-Calling in Webex App doesn't work with CTI phone control and URIs

tschafferx
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

I have setup the Webex App for Unified CM Calling. Everything seems to work fine, except dialing URIs via the App connected with a deskphone over CTI. The call setup windows opens quickly and disappears again.

I can dial URIs via my on-premise registered softphone. I can also call directory numbers via the webex app and the cti connected deskphone. Only URIs give me these problems.

Has anyone had similar issues?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Ramon G.
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas, 

Based on your confirmation above we can say that issue is only faced when trying to call webex enabled uri from a CTI controlled device (hope I understood correctly). If that is the case, then I wouldn’t say a bug related to CTI controlled device BUT rather the cloud reachability that this particular device may be able to, keeping in mind that when it comes to uri dialing in Webex if the uri destination is a webex enabled then it would be handle on the cloud but also media will be anchored at the cloud.

Based on above and the symptoms you described (The call setup windows opens quickly and disappears again.) it looks here that the call setup is successful but media fails to establish. To proof that, can confirm that the CTI controlled device has internet access or if you can pair to one with internet access just for testing? 

Hi Ramon,

I did some more research. I figured out that the call tries to traverse the expressway towards the following domain "XXXX@meet-k.ciscospark.com" which means it is not trying to reach the URI via the CUCM. Right now it looks to me, that this setting

SIP Address Call Route Path

Specify which calls are routed to your enterprise call control solution when a user dials a SIP address in Webex app.

doesn't apply to CTI controlled phones. Do you know someone at Cisco who could confirm that?

Thank you.

tschafferx
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Ramon,

that works. But lets assume a company synchronizes their users into control hub and uses that directory to search users. That means, that it wouldn't be possible to call any user via their URI in a hybrid deployment.

I even setup the following rule to exclude these calls from going to the cloud:

Unified CM SIP Address Routing

SIP Address Call Route Path

Specify which calls are routed to your enterprise call control solution when a user dials a SIP address in Webex app.

- All SIP address calls, except for addresses that match cloud Webex services

It could be a bug related to CTI controlled devices, since the softphone works just fine for every URI.

Regards

Thomas

Ramon G.
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

Is the URI you are trying to call in this scenario a 'webex enabled' URI? Can you try to make the call to an internal only URI (an email address that is not part of Webex service)? 

I'm interested to see that test... unfortunately I can't replicate it right now.