cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual One-Time Room

darrelwells
Level 1
Level 1

I accidentally clicked on a virtual one-time link for an upcoming meeting I'm hosting in a couple of days. I'm now concerned I burned the link. Does one-time really mean one time? Since I clicked on the link by mistake, thereby, starting the meeting, will the same link work for me when the actual meeting occurs in two days?

1 Accepted Solution

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I tested this with a meeting that I scheduled but then joined immediately.  The meeting link worked immediately and I was in the meeting at the "wrong" time.  I then logged into my Webex web portal and looked at my calendar.  The meeting I "accidently" joined shows as completed and the future one still shows as scheduled as is available to Join.  Note that the name for both meetings will be the same so if you are doing any recordings or highlights, make sure you access the correct meeting link.  Based on this testing, you shouldn't have any issues but you can login to the Webex Portal to double check your meeting schedule.

On a side note, when you clicked on the "Join Meeting" link to you just get to the Lobby or did you click on the Join Meeting link after you were in the Lobby?  If you don't actually "Join" the meeting it did not start.  It doesn't actually start until you are past the Lobby.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I tested this with a meeting that I scheduled but then joined immediately.  The meeting link worked immediately and I was in the meeting at the "wrong" time.  I then logged into my Webex web portal and looked at my calendar.  The meeting I "accidently" joined shows as completed and the future one still shows as scheduled as is available to Join.  Note that the name for both meetings will be the same so if you are doing any recordings or highlights, make sure you access the correct meeting link.  Based on this testing, you shouldn't have any issues but you can login to the Webex Portal to double check your meeting schedule.

On a side note, when you clicked on the "Join Meeting" link to you just get to the Lobby or did you click on the Join Meeting link after you were in the Lobby?  If you don't actually "Join" the meeting it did not start.  It doesn't actually start until you are past the Lobby.

Response Signature

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I actually started the meeting, then ended the meeting. But, I do still see the scheduled meeting in my Webex Calendar, so hopefully I’ll be okay. Thanks for testing this out, I really appreciate it!

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I actually started the meeting, then ended the meeting. But, I do still see the scheduled meeting in my Webex Calendar, so hopefully I’ll be okay. Thanks for testing this out, I really appreciate it!