cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx App Always Online

aoates73
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have WebEx on my work computer and the WebEx app on my phone. When I am not using my work computer, the app shows me as available so I receive messages when I'm not working. Is it possible to have the app always show me as unavailable/offline so that I only appear online when I'm using my work computer? Or are there any other options to solve this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Presence is tied to your identity, not to the device, so you can't be available on one, but not the other. Your options are:

1. to use the availability status option to indicate "not working" when you close your computer for the day, but if you respond to a message or check messages, you green dot will indicate online still

2. use Do not disturb to indicate similarly, which puts a red circle with a dash indicator next to your avatar

3. Go to settings, privacy, and turn off "show availability and status" which will turn off all presence indication.

All of these apply to all logged in devices.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Presence is tied to your identity, not to the device, so you can't be available on one, but not the other. Your options are:

1. to use the availability status option to indicate "not working" when you close your computer for the day, but if you respond to a message or check messages, you green dot will indicate online still

2. use Do not disturb to indicate similarly, which puts a red circle with a dash indicator next to your avatar

3. Go to settings, privacy, and turn off "show availability and status" which will turn off all presence indication.

All of these apply to all logged in devices.

Response Signature

Got it, thank you!