cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex App usage report via Control Hub

Steve W
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, we are using Control Hub to host / manage our Webex App accounts.  I would like delete accounts that are no longer being used, but I cannot find a good report for that.  Does anyone know a way to see users that have not used Webex App in over a year?  Or to find out the if they have never logged in, or when the last date they did log in?  I'm hoping to find this for just the messaging portion of Webex, not the Meetings part.

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Steve W,

have you tried exporting all your users as described here?

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/n8odckx/Batch-Import-and-Export-Webex-Users-in-Webex-Site-Administration

In the export you will have two columns that could be of interest to you:

A customer of mine is using this in order to rule out users, who have not used any Webex service for the last 12 months.

I hope this will help you!

Best regards

Igor

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Steve W,

have you tried exporting all your users as described here?

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/n8odckx/Batch-Import-and-Export-Webex-Users-in-Webex-Site-Administration

In the export you will have two columns that could be of interest to you:

A customer of mine is using this in order to rule out users, who have not used any Webex service for the last 12 months.

I hope this will help you!

Best regards

Igor

Hi Igor,

That looks like a reliable solution, thank you for your help

Steve W
Level 1
Level 1

If our feature requests get enough votes, they might.  I hope they do.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

There are several options in our portal under the reports templates that you could use.  The "meetings inactive users" would help with anyone using meetings and the Messaging user activity summary could be set to a 31 day range from a year ago, 31 day range from 11 months ago, etc.  This would be time consuming and would require quite of manual review since it would show active users so you'd have to compare it to your user list to find out which aren't using it.  In our organization we also use Webex calling which would an additional step to finding users that aren't using the app.  

Response Signature

Hi Kathy, I also have users that use Webex App for calling and don't use meetings or messages.  The User Activity report is helpful, I can see messages and calling but as you mentioned a lot of manual work is involved.  I was hoping there is a very simple report to find out if a user has logged into the Webex App.  But it doesn't seem like it exists.  I was able to create a feature request to enable the user activity report to cover 13 months. month.  https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-12129

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Have you checked the messaging activity reports in Control Hub? They povide information like activation date or last known date.

https://help.webex.com/nmug598/

Hi Dtibbe, Thank you for the speedy reply.  Yes I did.  Unfortunately that only covers 31 days.

So if a user is out on medical leave, maternity, vacation, etc and did not log in the last 31 days, they wouldn't show up in the report and I would mistakenly delete their account.

My goal is to run a report for 1 year and if a user never logs in, I want to be able to identify them and delete the account.  Is there another way to do this?

Messaging App Version Report's data is for 13 months, so should work for you.

I ran the report for message app version and saw a column labeled "Last Known Date"

Does Last Known Date mean the last date / time the user has logged in?

I have been looking through control hub and found something else that's interesting.
In control hub, if i go to Users, then click the Blue Manage Users on the right side of the page, click CSV add or edit, then click export, i get a list of all of my users.

There is a column labeled "Last Service Accessed Time"
I assume this means this was the last time/date a user logged in..

So I compared the 2 lists.
Some of the ACTIVE users that show up in the User Export don't show up in message app version report.
Some of the users appear in both lists but the dates are off by months.
This is incredibly confusing.  What's the difference between Last Known Date and Last Service Accessed Time?

I think what you're seeing is because of the different types of usage.  Webex can be used for messaging, calling and meetings.  Each of these will have a unique date for the last time a user access them.  It's possible that the "service access time" date could be for meetings, last known date could be for messaging, etc.  

Response Signature

***PLEASE NOTE*** I created a feature request to run User Activity reports for 13 months instead of 1 month.  Please take a moment to vote.  Thank you

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-12129

This has been talked about before and Cisco has replied that because of the amount of data they couldn't offer an activity report for longer than 1 month.  I wonder if they could make just a summary report or, even better, the report we're looking for that is just a listing of anyone that has not logged in to Webex for over a certain period of time.  For instance, anyone who has not logged in for over 6 months, 12 months, etc.

Response Signature