Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Audio Device Connection Issues

Hello,

After updating to Webex 44.5.0.29672 - my Webex application is having trouble using some audio devices.  Prior to this update, I could use my AirPods, Sony WH-CH520 Headsets, and my Logitech H800 headset all via Bluetooth without any issues.  I would just switch device based upon where I was at (Office, Home, Travel, etc...).  However, since the update the only device that works is the H800 headset.  The other devices still work with my Windows 11 Pro 23H2 for system sounds as well as other teleconferencing equipment such as MS Teams.  When I try to use a headset other then the Logitech H800 with WebEx I get the error below that WebEx cannot connect to the device.  This error will be random between the Speaker and the Microphone.  I have no driver issues, and have tried to reinstall the application.  Has anyone else seen this or have a solution for it?  Thank you.

1 Reply 1

johnmolina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I’ve experienced similar issues with audio devices on Webex after updates. Here are a few steps that helped me resolve the issue:

Reset Audio Settings:

• Open Webex and go to Settings > Audio. Reset your audio settings to default and then reconfigure them for your preferred devices.

Bluetooth Device Priority:

• Ensure that your Bluetooth devices are not conflicting. Sometimes having multiple Bluetooth devices paired can cause priority issues. Try disconnecting all devices and reconnecting them one by one.

Update Bluetooth Drivers:

• Make sure your Bluetooth drivers are up to date. Even though your devices work with other applications, Webex might require specific driver updates to function correctly.

Check Webex Permissions:

• Ensure Webex has the necessary permissions to access your microphone and speaker. Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and Settings > Privacy > Speakers and make sure Webex is allowed access.

Reinstall Bluetooth Devices:

• Remove your Bluetooth devices from the Bluetooth settings in Windows, restart your computer, and then pair them again.

Webex Audio Configuration:

• Within Webex, go to Settings > Audio and manually select your preferred audio device from the dropdown menu. Ensure both the speaker and microphone are set to the correct devices.

Use Different USB Port:

• If you’re using a USB Bluetooth adapter, try plugging it into a different USB port. Sometimes port-specific issues can cause connectivity problems.

Test in a Different Environment:

• If possible, test your setup in a different network environment to rule out any network-related issues.

Webex Cache Clearing:

• Clear Webex cache. Close Webex, navigate to %appdata%\Webex, and delete the cache folder. Restart Webex and see if the issue persists.

Roll Back Update:

• As a last resort, you might consider rolling back to the previous version of Webex if this update specifically caused the problem and wait for a fix in a future update.

When I faced a similar issue, resetting the audio settings and reconfiguring the devices directly within Webex solved the problem for me. I hope these steps help you resolve the issue.