cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

webex audio starts at max volume

daviwolf
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the last week, I've noticed that my computer audio volume starts at max volume when the meeting starts.  I have to quickly turn down speaker volume, but then it restarts at max volume when I join my next Webex meeting.  I'm using the computer audio with plug in headset using the 3.5mm jack on my Lenovo Thinkpad X1.  Any thoughts on why?

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

BGR
Spotlight
Spotlight

The same thing happened to me and others I work with after the last update - computer audio goes to 100%, the fix is to open the desktop app and go to Settings, then Preferences, select Meeting join options and look at settings under "Always use the following audio and video settings" and see if it is set to 100% and change it if so. Even though I was not using that setting - I use "Use my last audio and video settings", I stopped having the problem. I started a TAC ticket to find out why but they only want to fix it and not do a RCA on it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike.Ayers
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the solution:

1. From desktop app, go to Settings, then Preferences
  2. Select Meeting join options
  3. Under "Always use the following audio and video settings" change speaker slider

BGR
Spotlight
Spotlight

The same thing happened to me and others I work with after the last update - computer audio goes to 100%, the fix is to open the desktop app and go to Settings, then Preferences, select Meeting join options and look at settings under "Always use the following audio and video settings" and see if it is set to 100% and change it if so. Even though I was not using that setting - I use "Use my last audio and video settings", I stopped having the problem. I started a TAC ticket to find out why but they only want to fix it and not do a RCA on it.