cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Event - pull panelist windows on and off (not just the video, but their window with their initials as well)

Hello!  I am holding a series of Webex Events - the first includes 7 panelists of my top Executives, and I do not want their videos on the entire time.  I also do not want to simply turn off their video, because what is left is a distracting square with their initials on it.  I would like for their video/square to completely disappear and have moments throughout the event where there are 2 panelists videos on (and no other squares so they are extra large), and then other moments where 4 different panelists' videos are on, and then at the very end have all 7 videos on.  Also, I am the host - I do not want my video or my square with my initials on at all through the entire Event.  Is there a way to make all of this happen?

6 Replies 6

Mike Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,
Attendees can choose to hide non video participants in the 40.8 release. Note this cannot currently be done in mass by the host, and is done on an individual attendee basis.
Please see here for details:
https://help.webex.com/en-us/8806fr/Hide-or-Show-Non-Video-Participants-During-a-Webex-Meeting-or-Event

Response Signature

Hi Mike,

Is there a way that we can ensure that attendees have the 40.8 version?

Thank you so much for the response!  I am being told by my Technology folks that the attendees of the Event are the ones that can choose to turn this off or on.  Am I understanding you correctly that the Host (me!) can do this in one swoop for all panelists who do not have their video on?  Along with hiding myself if I don't have video on?

Currently, the host cannot do this for all, it is still set by the individual attendee.

Response Signature

Got it - thank you.  I am super disappointed, this would be a HUGELY valuable feature that would make my Team use Webex for all of our Events.

It is for sure a worthwhile suggestion. As the option to hide non video participants was only just added, it is possible that it could be expanded beyond its current focus. I would suggest you enter this as a feature request here - https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas

Response Signature