cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex host can't start a meeting (wait for host to start the meeting)

erhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a user who can't start a meeting anymore.

When he tries to start a meeting (either from outlook calendar, web portal, webex app personal room or webex app schedule a meeting)  he receives a meesage, as if he is a not the host, (we will start the meeting when the host joins) although he is the host himself. 

this issue occurs only on desktop app, he can join his own meetings from web-app.

So far, uninstalled old version, installed new version, re-installed new version and PC restarted. 

App can make video calls, but when try to join his own meetings, gets this error. 

Can anyone help about that?

Regards,

Erhan

1 Accepted Solution

erhan
Level 1
Level 1

The issue is resolved finally.

The customer is major company, who took over another major company, so a domain migration took plase some time ago. At the moment only new domain is used, but the old domain also works. The user is on one of these sites.  Appearently both profiles remained on user by mistake, so when he was creating a meeting it was created by user@domain1.com, but when he joins it, from user@domain2.com. Thus, he wasn't recognized as host. Clearing the dublicated profiles resolved issue. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

erhan
Level 1
Level 1

The issue is resolved finally.

The customer is major company, who took over another major company, so a domain migration took plase some time ago. At the moment only new domain is used, but the old domain also works. The user is on one of these sites.  Appearently both profiles remained on user by mistake, so when he was creating a meeting it was created by user@domain1.com, but when he joins it, from user@domain2.com. Thus, he wasn't recognized as host. Clearing the dublicated profiles resolved issue. 

@erhan I am having this same issue, and believe I am in the same scenario. I too have a user that worked for a company that we now own and took over their domain which we have not used in over a year. I just realised that this user was still signed into WebEx with the old domain account, and after having him sign into WebEx with his new current email address we gets the same issue saying "we will start the meeting when the host joins" even though he is the host. 

When you say you cleared the duplicate profile, what profile do you mean? When I check in WebEx Control Hub this user only shows a profile with his new current email address. I'm unable to find anything anywhere that links to old domain.

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

Your explanation is a little confusing because the first paragraph says he can't start a meeting from any system but the 2nd paragraph says it only happens in the desktop app.  Assuming this is just with the desktop app, have you had him create a meeting and then immediately try to start it using the desktop app since the problem started.  In other words, don't try to join an existing meeting but create a new one and verify it happens with all meetings.  

I'd also recommend having him login to a different computer and the Webex desktop app and start a meeting.  Maybe have someone login to his computer as well and try to start a meeting they have created.

You did mention it only happens with the desktop app, but I would also recommend checking his licensing in Control Hub to verify nothing was changed.  

If all of this does not pinpoint a problem, I would recommend opening a support case.  Good luck and looking forward to updates on this thread to see what solves the issue.

Response Signature

Thanks a lot for the answer Kathy. 

Sorry for the initial confusion. I should have stated "user can't start a meeting from webex windows app". But even this is not the exact definition. user can actually create a meeting, but when tries to join it he is not recognized as host. So the meeting can't start because host is not joined yet.

I have tried almost every scenario, creating a meeting from webex/web app/outlook, trying to join directly after creating it from webex/web app.. the issue occurs even in his own personal meeting room. but as i mentioned. only in desktop app.

We checked his licensing from control hub and everything seems ok.

i will cross check with the account login (different computer, different account..) as you recommended and update here again.