cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Meeting versus Teams

regina.gaines
Level 1
Level 1

What is the difference between WebEx Meeting and WebEx Teams?  Did one replace the other or is WebEx Teams meant to be the latest iteration of WebEx?  My org is desiring to the latest version of WebEx and I see some users have installed WebEx Teams, but most have WebEx Meetings. 

1 Accepted Solution

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3
The Webex App is the new name for Webex Teams. Webex Meetings is a license for advanced meeting capability built into the Webex App. If you are still using the separate Webex Meeting program, I would recommend migrating to the Webex App and using this new program to launch your meetings. You still use the Webex Meeting licenses, but they integrate with the new app as the front end. You can also use the new app for persistent messaging and Webex calling can also be integrated in if you have the correct licenses. This is helping to simplify the number of separate programs needed to run the different aspects of Webex.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

regina.gaines
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the response Matt!  So, I just got of the phone with support and they directed me to the WebEx download at https://www.webex.com/downloads.html/ and stated that we should upgrade to this. I'm assuming this is what you're speaking of (version 42.x). If so, then we're good. Also, are you familiar with the Productivity Tools?  We had users install it in the past but from my research online, it seems to be downloaded and installed from within the Webex tool. 

The Productivity Tools MS Outlook add-on can be still downloaded via your Webex site. However, we have moved to using the New Cisco Webex Scheduler. This is still tied into Outlook and if you are using this then you no longer need Productivity Tools.

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3
The Webex App is the new name for Webex Teams. Webex Meetings is a license for advanced meeting capability built into the Webex App. If you are still using the separate Webex Meeting program, I would recommend migrating to the Webex App and using this new program to launch your meetings. You still use the Webex Meeting licenses, but they integrate with the new app as the front end. You can also use the new app for persistent messaging and Webex calling can also be integrated in if you have the correct licenses. This is helping to simplify the number of separate programs needed to run the different aspects of Webex.