Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex meetings recording (low) video quality

onolilath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,
I have a problem recording video file. I mean, when the meeting ends, webex automatically creates a video (mp4) file, but when I play the video, the resolution is low, seems to be something like 360p or 480p, not 720p that the file could be (even if looking into file properties the resolution is 1280x720).
I use a professional reflex as webcam, so the signal I send is probably at 1080p. I'm using a free account at the moment.
Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@onolilath 
There are 2 recording-options: to the cloud and to the local computer.
As far as I understand, Cisco could only interfere with cloud-recordings.
Based in this table, the free account does not offer cloud-recordings: https://www.webex.com/pricing/index.html

(perhaps Cisco did not disable this feature, but limit the quality?)
((similar to the limitation of max. meeting-duration: 50 minutes does not seem to apply to 1:1 meetings..))

During my tests, local recordings worked very good.
Is your computer capable to handle both at the same time? the Webex-Meeting and recording(encoding) the Content?

My recent Webex recording was only set to 768p only and mono.
It looks really bad when doing post-edit in DaVinci Resolve.

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Is it just the video that is low res, or is there content sharing in there as well that is of low quality?
For a few months now, Webex has been restricting many hosts and sites to 360p video to prevent congestion. That has begun to be removed recently, but its potentially the cause.

The video that I see on screen is hi-res; instead the mp4 file is in low-res.
I can't guess why.

I'm having the same issue which is quite frustrating. The call quality is 720p and is very sharp but getting weird compression on recordings and the quality seems super low even though the file is 720p. From time to time the screen flashes and the image gets super soft and slowly calibrates itself back.