cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex presence not working in Outlook 365 x64

Nick Panaccio
Level 1
Level 1

I can't find any documentation stating that this setup should not work, but I can't get Webex presence working in O365 x64. The add-in module is installed and enabled, yet presence simply does not show. The same setup using x86 O365 works fine. Is there no support for presence using x64 O365, or is there a configuration change that I'm missing here? We're running Cisco Webex Meetings 40.6.8.28, Productivity Tools 42.6.1.12, and the Webex unified client 42.6.0.22565.

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Windows or macOS? The “New Outlook” experience is not supported because MSFT hasn’t released an API to for 3rd-parties to interface with it (of course their own product works though).

Webex App | Connect Your Microsoft Outlook Account 

Also, the software version you list are all seriously out of date. Current versions of the Meetings binary and Webex app should be 43.3 (2023.March). While unrelated to presence, Productivity Tools is end of life and should be replaced with the Office add-in. Are you able to reproduce this behavior with a current build of the Webex app?

What do you mean by "New Outlook" experience? Are you just referring to 365? I realize that our software is out of date, but that's out of my control, really. I have tried the latest unified Webex client on the image and it does not resolve the issue. Looking at my O365 add-ins page, we do have Cisco Webex Scheduler enabled on our MS portal.

The new Outlook for Mac. I believe the Windows equivalent is just entering public preview.

The COM add-in from WPT is completely unrelated to presence indication.

I found one other relevant help article: Enable Webex App Users' Status to Display in Microsoft Outlook 

Yeah, that's the same article I found the other day, and tried out - no success.

Then, unless someone else chimes in with a clever idea, I’d open a TAC case. Just be sure to use the latest app version when you do to skip past ”update and try again” response.

And, FWIW, uninstalling Productivity Tools removes the Webex add-in in Outlook. The Webex client still shows Outlook integration as installed and working, but no status.