cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex showing internal users as external

rachel.scott
Level 1
Level 1

The Webex application updated on our company PCs over the weekend and since then, we are unable to see each other'sStatuses, External Users, statuses as most users are marked as being "outside the company", with their email suffix in brackets after their names. However, we all are within the same company and all have the same email suffix. For example, I am a member of spaces where everyone is part of the same company and all use the same company email domain, but only 2-3 users show as being within my company. The users I can see are in different roles, joined the business at different times and had their email addresses created at different times, so I'm unable to spot a reason why I can view the statuses of these users and not others. Where does Webex find the information on whether users are part of the same company?

1 Reply 1

PMartinez_SLCo
Level 1
Level 1

I have the opposite problem. In a WebEx meeting, near a person's name in the little "Brady Bunch" square, the word "internal" sometimes appears. This is NOT a designation that the person is internal to the County. I had a meeting with an outside entity today, and counsel for the other entity was "internal." Do not rely on that designation to determine whether a person in a WebEx meeting is internal to the County.