cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

webex status is not showing in microsoft outlook

rchanumo
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to see my webex status in microsoft outlook. It is showing as presence unknown even though i enabled the option CONNECT WEBEX TO MICROSOFT OUTLOOK

5 Replies 5

pkajca
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

ive solved the issue by re-registering the spark-windows-office-integration.dll.

Info:

Make sure you have Microsoft Office 365 version 16.0.9001 or later. 

Make sure the path to the dll-file is right. My Path was "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Programs\Cisco Spark\dependencies\", but could be "C:\Program Files\Cisco Spark\dependencies\spark-windows-office-integration.dll" aswell.

1. FIRST Close Webex and Outlook.

2. run the CMD with administrative rights

3. register the .dll like this:

3.1. first unregister:

regsvr32.exe /u "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Programs\Cisco Spark\dependencies\spark-windows-office-integration.dll"

3.2. then register again:

regsvr32.exe "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Programs\Cisco Spark\dependencies\spark-windows-office-integration.dll"

4. start Webex an then Outlook

done

ASMarquis
Level 1
Level 1

Any resolution to this issue? 

scooter1970
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  After enabling the "connect webex to microsoft outlook" check box it randomly becomes unchecked.

scooter1970_0-1663693117171.png

i'm having the same issue - tried multiple things, registering the dll. and i do have the box "checked" 

smullen01_0-1669919914461.png

i get "presence unknown". this is a client side app and it should work.  has anyone been able to resolve this or even get it to work randomly?

If you're using the enterprise version, I had the same issue. Ended up having to add SIP address in the proxyAddress attribute field in AD. This should match the Webex username (typically email address). If you don't have access to this you'll need to reach out to your IT department to see what the procedure is to have this done, they can use you as a test user and use powershell or some other scripting language to add to multiple users if it does resolve the issue.