Replies

Webex Virtual Background on MacOS Catalina

plp_pnlr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! Does the virtual background in webex have support on MACOS Catalina

1 Accepted Solution

@plp_pnlr ,

It appears that you are using a macbook (laptop), and not an iMac (desktop). The link I shared has some specific guidelines regarding the devices that are capable of virtual background.

Currently only iPhone 7 and onwards, iPad Pro, or the desktop iMac with version 12.2 and later with more than 2 CPU cores can have a virtual background.

Please rate the helpful posts.

Thanks,

Avinash Gaur

Response Signature

View solution in original post

34 Replies 34

I had the same problem. I solved it by upgrading to Webex Meeting 40.9.6. 

This appears to be a bug, and the latest version of the client resolved it for me. 

No encontré la solución que indican para macOS Catalina como lo indican, por tanto no ha sido solucionado

Avinash Gaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @plp_pnlr ,

Thanks for posting in the community!

Virtual background is currently available on MAC and iOS devices. Please see the link below:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/80jduab/Use-a-Virtual-Background-in-Webex-Meetings-Events-and-Training

Hope this helps.

Please rate the helpful posts!

Thanks,

Avinash Gaur

Response Signature

Thanks for the info. I've read the article and you've shared and it seems a bit odd that the only thing that keeps me from having a virtual background in my macbook pro 13 is my core i5 processor (16 GB RAM and MacOS Catalina don't seem enough). I've successfuly applied custom background (on webex as well on MS TEAMS and ZOOM) on a much less powerful Windows laptop and it runs just fine even with OBS running in the background.

Hopefully Cisco will come up with a solution for this.

Yes, but based on this, its compatible with MacOS High Sierra. We have a mac that is upgraded to Catalina and we dont find the option for virtual background.

I have the same problem.

@plp_pnlr ,

It appears that you are using a macbook (laptop), and not an iMac (desktop). The link I shared has some specific guidelines regarding the devices that are capable of virtual background.

Currently only iPhone 7 and onwards, iPad Pro, or the desktop iMac with version 12.2 and later with more than 2 CPU cores can have a virtual background.

Please rate the helpful posts.

Thanks,

Avinash Gaur

Response Signature

So you mean that I am unable to use virtual background with my MacBook Pro?

Is there any plan to update so Macbook Air users (laptops not desktop) can use virtual backgrounds?  Super frustrating.

Thanks

Hi, I have the same issue where the virtual background options do not appear for me. To confirm, I'm on a macbook, Mac Catalina 10.15.6, Webex 40.8.6.2. It's strange since it appears for some of my colleagues and not for others.

I'm running WebEx 40.8.6.2 on a Macbook Air (Catalina) and the options to blur the background or change to a virtual background do not appear for me.  My processor is only a dual core i5 and it looks like a quad core i7 may be required.  If the hardware does not meet certain requirements, do these options not even show up?

I have a MacBook Pro with a quad core i7. I had the virtual backgrounds option a few days ago. I updated Webex Meetings desktop client and immediately afterward, virtual backgrounds option disappeared.

I had the same problem. To solve it, I upgraded to Webex Meetings 40.9.6

That fixed it for me. 

So are you stating that Mac Laptops (MacBook) running the correct OS is not supported at this time?    Are their plans to provide this function on the MacBook?