cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why is the audioquality in my WebEx call so bad? Using a good, external microphone

I have an important digital presentation/interview session coming up, for which I have to use WebEx (which I was not familiar with before, but my company has a license and I downloaded the desktop app).

I use a good microphone (Rode NT-USB) which produces excellent recordings and works well with zoom and MS teams. When I tested the audio quality in WebEx, the sound was not good at all. I am no expert, so I cannot describe the exact issue, but it sounds as if my voice is higher and flatter, and there seems to be noise in the recording. Not easy to understand at all, about the quality that my grandparents get with their old, cheap headsets on other conference software. I double checked the microphone input, yes, it was the correct external microphone.

Is there anything I can do about this to enhance the quality of the recording? The 'music' setting does nothing. My computer is relatively slow and does not have a lot of free CPU when running WebEx, can this be a reason for the issues? But then again, I do not have these problems with other software.

Really hoping for some advice here!

1 Reply 1

Vinod.s
Level 3
Level 3

Audio quality issue is generally due to packet loss and latency in network ...

Sometime this happen when bandwidth is low compared to required ..

I would suggest please test WebEx call at a speed of 2mbps and share your observation..