cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is WebEx Training Center being discontinued?

jpiatraining
Level 1
Level 1

I keep hearing whispers of WebEx Training Center being discontinued in December 2021. Is there any concrete information about this anywhere and if users need to migrate to WebEx Meeting Center? I've been searching and can't find any direct info from WebEx about it in the Community, but the fact that they aren't providing Training Center updates also seems to be an indicator.

3 Replies 3

pbalsamo
Level 1
Level 1

We have been told by Cisco reps that there is no plan to move Webex Training Center functions to the modern view. While they do not state that is it being decommissioned, no new development is planned for it either. The challenge we have is that Webex TC is the only tool we have found that has the Hands-On Lab function to serve out individual workstations in our physical classrooms to virtual students (1 to 1, not just sharing a screen or using virtual machines). 

We are assuming that we will just lose this feature when and if Cisco actually stops support for Webex TC. If this is incorrect, we'd appreciate better information from Cisco on the issue.

lthomson
Level 1
Level 1

I was in a meeting yesterday with a WebEx rep and it was confirmed they are cycling Training Center out with nothing comparable for the exams and polls - no timeline offered of when this will happen.  I know he showed us Slido as the new polling but 2 out of 3 of us had trouble joining the polling.  So not ideal when trying to alleviate tech problems and have a more user friendly approach.

smurphy3
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure on the exact dates but they did release "breakout sessions" in meetings.  Some features like "tests," " hands on lab" and panelists are still missing in Webex meetings.