cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize view Attendees have of Practice Session?

Ann.Fisher
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have groups who meet in Webex Events, and allow members of the public to attend. When they have a 'closed session' portion of the meeting, we love having the Practice Session option. But the screen the rest of the Attendees see is not very helpful. Is there any way we can change the wording, at least, or even customize the look completely? Most importantly, we'd like to show the time that the practice session will end, and 'open session' will re-start.

8 Replies 8

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ann - What version of Events are you using?  Classic or the new "Webinar" option? 

Response Signature

We're using Classic Events.

Great.  Here is what you do. 

1. Create a PPT slide that has whatever detail you'd like to let the event attendees know while you are in the practice session.  You can even make this a multiple-slide deck if you like. 

2. Once you are in the event before getting into the practice session load up that PPT by sharing it as a file. (Top left menu bar: Share > File) After that, and only if it's a multiple-slide deck, go back to the top left menu bar and select View > Automatically advance pages and then decide how quickly your slides need to advance.  That panel will stay up with a stop button whenever you are ready to stop it. 

Create and open a test session so you can get comfortable before your main event! 

Response Signature

Thanks for the suggestion! We already do this and when the big group (including presenter) goes to practice, the rest of the attendees see nothing, not our running PPT or anything. The PPT seems to show in the practice by default. Can an Attendee be the one to present this, and remain an attendee the whole time? Not sure if the Presenter going into practice fouls this up for us.
Here's what I see right now, as I am waiting as an attendee for Closed Session to end:
[cid:image001.png@01D7AB07.EFA72B70]
I can see who the Panelists are, and their mic status and such, but I cannot even unmute to verbally tell the Attendees when Closed Session will be over.

You have to make sure the PPT you want attendees to see is shared as a file before the Host starts the practice session.  This is critical.

Response Signature

This will only work in "Classic Events" scheduled here in the screen shot attached: 

Response Signature

Ah, well, we need the closed captioning in order to comply with California law, so I guess for now we're stuck. PLease take this as a request for a feature in the "new" Webex! And thank you for your answers and the helpful screen shot.

Ah!  well happy to try and help.  

This is a great feature - so be sure to "upvote" it here! https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-4508

Response Signature