Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex EVENTS: Accessibility?

An attendee reached out to me today with the following information. They are blind and were unable to join a webinar on Webex Events using their adaptive technology. If I understand correctly, the adaptive tech the attendee is using is called JAWS. Can you help me help this attendee?

"I attempted to access today's webinar via the provided link and the password information noted on the website. I was not able to join the webinar. My partner (who can see) then helped me to read and enter the verify code (not presented in a manner readable by JAWS). We attempted to enter a number of different verification codes but continued to not being able to join the webinar.

It appears that the presentation of the verification codes is not accessible with adaptive technology and we could not find an option to get an audible verification code or one sent via email."

1 Reply 1

Mary_Gonzales
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Webex Meetings and Events are tested with JAWS screenreader technology. I am sorry to read that your attendee had an issue. I will share this with our product engineers and accessibility testers to review JAWS behaviour against that verification code. 

This article might be of use, it outlines all the keyboard shortcuts on Webex Meetings desktop app,  (listed in the Keyboard Navigation section),that work with screen readers.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/84har3/Webex-Meetings-and-Webex-Events-Accessibility-Features

Mary