cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Events Share Video button not appearing

skalyani
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had the Video button for a WebEx Events Classic event not appear in the bottom bar? We've held several WebEx Events and the Video button has always been available, but alas not today.

1 Accepted Solution

Michael Stark
Level 7
Level 7

I am still able to see the "Start Video" option when using WebEx Events Classic. Almost sounds like the Video option was disabled under: Event > Options > Communications.

Capture2.PNG

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This seems to be a pretty peculiar issue you are having. Can't say I have heard of the whole button being gone from the UI. With new updates to Webex, maybe you need to reallow Webex to access your camera as seen below? I have had to update camera access before. Let me know if that helps at all. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 3.58.02 PM.png

Response Signature

Michael Stark
Level 7
Level 7

I am still able to see the "Start Video" option when using WebEx Events Classic. Almost sounds like the Video option was disabled under: Event > Options > Communications.

Capture2.PNG

This was totally what happened. I inadvertently checked that box to turn video off for all participants not realizing that I didn't have to check that because attendees in an event will never have the option to turn on their video no matter what. And unfortunately checking it turned it off for the host and panelists. Didn't find this out in time and WebEx support didn't guide me to the simple solution of unchecking that box prior to the event. They were befuddled. We had to just do an audio feed. Also learned later that if you end an event prior to it's start time, you can restart it, and that would have reset that feature to show the Video button again. I definitely won't make that mistake again.