cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bricked WRVS4400n ??

pierremitham
Level 1
Level 1

have a WRVS4400n (v1) that I was given as a swap out to a different model.  I was having problems with it's stability  (intermittent conection issues, so I decided to upgrade the firmware from 1.00.12 to the latest available.  I backed up the configuration on therouter then downloaded  and installed the firmware update.  After the reboot.  The router now has alternately flashing power and diagnostic lights.  I can not longer access the web interface of the router (I can't ping it either).  so I downloaded the router recovery utility for the 4400 but when I run the utility I get the error message "cannot find any adaptor"   I've also tried using the 30/30/.30 techniqure for restting it, but the only thing this router now does is blink power and diag leds at me!!

is there any thing I can do to revive this router ?

I'm pretty sure there's no warranty left on it and since it was given to me I doubt I can get any warranty work done on it!

2 Replies 2

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Pierre,

the WRVS4400N  is covered by a three year  limited hardware warranty;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/general/warranty/3year_SmallBusiness.html

Ring the Small business Support center (SBSC) via the contact phone number in the following URL;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Your machine is bricked. This has happened to me before and somehow the recovery software worked and fixed my RVS4000.  I still haven't figured out how.  Someone responding to this thread may have some suggestions.  I would  still  ring the SBSC and check entitlement for warranty support.

good luck,

Regards Dave

I got yhe 44oo running again using the recovry utility Cisco really should mention that it doesn't work with Windows 7 and that when you do the recovery that it takes 15 hours!!!  seriouslt 15 hours to rewrite the firmware on a router is a bit much!

but it's working again (almost!)  now the wirless works and the wired lan ports work,  but I have 50% packet loss on the WAn port!  I had to put back into service my trusty Netgear MR814 router until I get this thing working!