cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBW140AC forgets Mesh Extender MAC addresses on power failure.

Phred
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I'm new to the community so please forgive me if this is the wrong forum to post this question.  I recently installed a CBW140AC Starter Kit (1 AP and 2 Mesh Extenders).  After configuring the mesh extenders (via the Web UI by visiting ciscobusiness.cisco then selecting "Wireless Settings >> WLAN Users >> Local MAC address) I tested the system and it operated as expected.  I then simulated a power fail by removing the POE cable from the AP.  I waited 3 minutes and re-inserted the POE cable.  After the AP booted, I was able to re-connect to it.  Both Mesh extenders (CBW142ACM-B-NA) that worked before the power failure, were unable to join the AP/mesh network.  The LEDs were flashing red.  The log in the Web UI (Advanced >> Logging) showed that they attempted to join.  I checked Monitoring >> Network Summary >> Mesh Extender and noticed that the extenders were not listed. 

As a final step, I added the Mesh extender MAC addresses again to the AP and everything worked again.

Is there a method by which I can save the Mesh extender MAC addresses that survives an AP power failure?  This will be a "no-go" for my application since power failures happen frequently and the configuration is manual and technical.

By the way, when I attempted to install and use the Cisco Business Android App, it fails to login into the AP with the error message:

Network Error The primary AP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not reachable. Please try again.

I am certain my Android phone was connected to the AP at the time I ran the App.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 Reply 1

jerico
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

faced the same issue. Paired the two extender but with a power outage config was lost.

Finally i identified that i need to save the config on the AP. There was somewhere a button to do so. Once done it is working fine.

Hope this helps.

Ciao Jens