Views
Helpful
Replies

Radius Problem with Multiple WAP200e

mephisto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have to crosspost a thread I recently posted on http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/ (which i found out is not checked by Dev's):

---------

I have a major Problem with a Huge WIFI Installation (18x WAP200e).

SSID1 is a WPA2/PSK Network (VLAN 1 -default)

SSID2 is a ENT2+/PEAP MSCHAP Network

SSID1 works fine in the whole Area, inc. Roaming and so on.

SSID2 only works on one AP. It's strange, i know, but only if i'm associated to a specific AP (the one i installed last), the Radius (freeradius) Server sees a Authentication Request. If i'm in another area of the Building and my Device is trying to associate to via another AP, the Radius server doesn't even see a Radius request. All Settings are the same, as well on the AP as on the POE Switches.

So for better testing I renamed the SSID2 to unique ones on a few AP's(NETWORK_1 NETWORK_2 and so on). It turns out that forsome reason only one of 18 AP's is willing to send out Radius requests to the Radius Server. The Radius Requests are done in VLAN1 (Default vlan / untagged) so VLANing shouldn't be an issue.

I fiddeled with that stuff yesterday for some more hours and found out one interessting thing, which I suspecd to be a bug in the WAP200e Firmware:

I exported the Config of that only AP that I got working. gave that AP another IP, and grabbed a fresh one (I still have 3 spare WAP200e here). Loaded that Config and: works.

But: Setting all the Parameters by Hand simply does not work. I have no clue what's wrong there, I could just provide the Binary Config Images to Linksys Developers. I'm pretty sure that there's a bug in the Firmware 1.20 (which is latest). Unluckily the COnfig Export is a strange Binary Format, which i don't have the time to reverse engineer..

The Problem with non-working Radius Authentication is 100% reproduceable. It even doesn't work if I leave away all the VLAN stuff, and just plain Configure IP, SSID and encryption Parameters (ENT2+ mixed, Radius IP + Secret). My Radius Server simply misses any Data from the AP's.

So, any Dev's around in this Forum?

greetings,

bastian

0 Replies 0