Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340W web console authentification

Hello all,

I've recently upgraded our company's router to the RV340W and everything seems to be working well, except a couple of things : 

After configuring the router (connected directly to my PC via LAN) I moved it to the server room and connected everything the same way the old one was. I'm now trying to connect to the web interface to configure the VPN's - but I can't login. 

https://192.168.0.1/

Always getting this message :

Invalid Username or Password.
Please try again.

On a side note : I do have existing users including the administrator cisco and the passwords are good. I tried logging in with another user I created earlier when configuring the router and nothing works. I did try http and https. Help me please.

Also, if someone can help me set up the VPN it would be great! I've tried PPTP and L2TP but my VPN light is a constant orange.

8 Replies 8

santsha3
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Support Community.

Request you to try to login using default credentials i.e.

Username : cisco

Password : cisco

On RV340 series, settings need to be saved after making any changes to the router, there might be a possibility that settings were not saved after making changes to users management.

Also you could contact Small business Support team anytime, if you face difficulty while logging-in or setting -up VPN  on the router.

Hi! as mentioned before,

I already have users configured on the router and the cisco user password is modified too.

The only way I can connect is being directly connected to it PC -> Router (and then I can connect with all my users)

raluani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi asashcov,

After upgrading the firmware, did you factory reset the router,
and you upload a config file from the previous firmware version?
- If yes, please try to factory reset the router and reconfigure manually.

Regarding the VPN setup - we can always help over a Webex session.

Please call / e-mail our frontline to open a case and an engineer will assist with the troubleshooting and VPN setup :
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

You could also reach us via chat.

Regards.

Hi! thanks for the response,

This being a company's daily router, it has already been modified with the correct IP's and gw (vlan, firewalls, vpn, etc)

I did save the config before moving it. :)

The only way I can connect to it is being connected directly to the router... :(

See screenshot

Hello,

Sorry, i seem to be missing something:

1. Did the issue occur after you upgraded and was working with the same config before ( on the previous version)? Were you using the same config file - configured on the previous firmware?

2.Or did you upgrade, reset and manually configured the router again, then experienced the issue?

3. Are you able to connect with the same username and password only when you are connected directly on the router and you can not connect to the web remotely?

Please confirm which is correct as you got me a little confused.

Regards.

Hey,

your second and third statements are true for my case.

I upgraded the hardware and configured it from scratch (so not from the old config file). Once I saved everything and moved it to the server room, I couldn't connect to it remotely (and it's in the same subnet - no firewall rule is blocking me either). I can only connect to it when it's physically connected to LAN1-PC and nothing else interfering in the middle (like our switch)

Hey,

Thank you for confirming.

Can you please tell me a bit more about your setup, as this behavior is not something we have observed before and i would like to run some tests.

- On which port you have the switch connected. ( if you may include a pic of the LAN > VLAN settings tab of the Router).
- What is the config of the switch? Is it unmanaged?
- Are you having this issue on VLAN 1 or you are accessing remotely from a different VLAN?
- Are you running firmware: 1.0.01.18

Regards.

Hi raluani,

Thanks for the reply;

See two screenshots below for a more visual aspect

LAN1 = 192.168.0.1

LAN3 = 192.168.3.1

- The switch is connected to LAN1 (the dhcp is given by the local server, not the router)

- A different router is connected to LAN3

- Internet is passed through WAN1

- I'm having this issue from any LAN (I tried 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.3.1)

- I'm running the latest firmware (I can't check atm because I can't connect but I did upgrade the firmware before configuring it - and I did double-check)

I'll try getting you the LAN > VLAN settings once I can connect to the router again (outside of business hours - physically)