Level 1

is There roaming support on wap4410

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

There is not seamless roaming on the WAP4410N. 

Should look at something like the clustering  AP 500 series or traditional cisco Light weight AP's,  such as LAP1041 and maybe the new and up and coming 2500 series Wireless LAN controller.

regards Dave

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Mr. Hornstein is correct, there is no seamlessly roaming with the WAP4410N. On the AP541N Small Business Pro AP it is a little better, but it is still not true seamless roaming. Within the Small Business class of devices since none of our products can work with WIreless LAN controllers, there will still be a drop in connection, although small, when moving from one AP to another. This drop can effect voice and data transfers during the switch over. If true wireless roaming is what you are looking for, I would second Mr. Hornsteins suggestion of the  traditional cisco Light weight AP's,  such as LAP1041 and the new 2500 series Wireless LAN controller as a place to start.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
1-866-606-1866

Hi Eric,

Is it posible for WAP4410 to stop working becouse of roaming?

I Have to WAP4410 with same SSID and differant Channels. Every day one of the access points WLAN stops working and

I have to restart it to fix the problem. I know is not just bad access point becouse its an isue on two projects.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Matthew Cwiokowski