Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N HTTP Redirect and internet radios

Jack McNeil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a HTTP Redirect to a dedicated html site with our internet usage policy set up on multiple WAP4410N access points.

This is working like a charm with laptops, but not with internet radios. They can't connect to the internet probably freezing on the http redirected site.

Is there any way to exclude these devices from the redirect?

Thanks for your help,

Jack

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Off the cuff, and not completely thought through, I would agree. The HTTP Redirect, is most likely the culprit.

(Assuming the Internet Radios, have a MAC and are not software on a PC) Could you possibly set up a second SSID and use a MAC filter list on the 2nd SSID to only allow the Radio MAC's.

Just a thought. If I am off base, let me know and I will try to come up with something else.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi Eric,

I've put the radios on a 2nd SSID with the mac filter set but I don't see a way to remove the HTTP redirect from the newly created SSID, I believe you can only turn on the redirect for all SSIDs.

As far as i know you can set it for every individual SSID on the AP541N model, would it be possible to implement this in a future firmware update for the WAP4410N?

I am sorry, I did not foresee that.

That can be asked as a feature request. To do that one would have to call in and open a case for the feature request. Once created it can be escalated to the Business Unit and development team for feasibility.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.