Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N Pre-sales

edison.sprandel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!

I'm doing a pre-sales activity for a customer that wants to cover the building with wireless signal.

We make a wireless site survey and discovered a very noisy enviroment, because the building is very close to an university campus that already has a complete wireless infraestructure.

My solution planing includes a number of 7 or 8 APs WAP4410N distributed in the building working in WDS with wired communication between the APs (not repeater mode).

My costumer requirements are basic:

Costumer does not have budget to a Wireless Controller infraestructure

2 VLANS (one for internal access, RADIUS and one for guest access)

2 SSIDS

1 SSID auth RADIUS on IAS

1 SSID to guest access

Full coverage of building

Client Roaming

Connection stability

POE

There are no specific concerns about performance, we probably are ok with a stable internet surfing.

Looking for this we see that the major challenge is with the wireless channels because of noise coming from university APs. My question is, has anyone working with something similar?

Has anyone know if its possible to configure different channels in APs working in WDS, if its possible I imagine that I can work in a different channel on AP that I'm implementing in relation to the closest AP of university, at the same time on other side of the building I get interference from another AP of university in other channel and want to configure another channel to avoid interference. Its possible?

Any help is appreciated.

1 Reply 1

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Edison,

I would look at the AP500 (AP541N) access points rather than WAP4410N. WAP4410N doesn't have seamless wireless capability. The closes thing in small business line with roaming abilities is the AP541N.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps10492/data_sheet_c78-566239.html

hope this helps,

Jasbryan