cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP551/561 Captive Portal Custom HTML

Rob DeHaven
Level 1
Level 1

The Captive Portal modification is limited in how you can change the page design. First, is there a way to make the page more mobile friendly so my users do not have to pinch/zoom in order to read the page and terms of service? Using these devices for a cafe to provide "free wifi" to patrons is used by more mobile than laptops.

Secondly, If I want to not require a login and just use the "guest" access, is there a way to remove the "Username" field from the page if I'm not able to change the HTML and layout of the page entirely?

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Mr. DeHaven. Thank you so much for the question. 

Unfortunately there is no way currently to remove the use of the login for guest or to optimize the settings for mobile users.

I know that the removal of the guest login has been suggested several times but I am not aware of the current status of that.

I do not however think that optimization for mobile users has ever been suggested. In order for that to be presented a customer has to open a feature request case with one of our engineers.

Please contact our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can begin that process for you.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html