Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G

ramanai.raj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Cisco Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G device at my site to establish PPTP tunnel with PPTP server.

The tunnel gets established, but i can see the remote peer name like ePPTP instead which we have configured in that device.

Firmware Version: v1.02.8

Hostname configured in device was XYZ.

This hostname requires at pptp server end to do tunnel switching based on multihop hostname XYZ.

Appreciate your response for this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Viks

3 Replies 3

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Vikram,

this router is a consumer router, as i recall the consumer routers don't have the ability to use the router as a PPTP client. Now their are third party programmers like DD-WRT and tomato that make different code that can be installed to give added functionality.Note:this voids all warranty for this product.For support for third party software you will have to contact the makers of that code.

Thanks,

Jason

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Vikram,

As Jason mentioned your product is a consumer/home router.  Here is the area that is related to your product that may help you. http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/WRT54G.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

ramanai.raj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jasbryan/Cindy,

Thanks for your response.

Sorry the pptp client which i mentioned was the client end device initiates the pptp tunnel to the server.

Have configured pptp on Linksys wan interface. The tunnel is getting established and working fine.

But the remote peer name shows as ePPTP by default at ppt server end, which i want to change.

We have options to configure hostname in linksys though its not showing at pptp server end, instead it shows the default peer name as ePPTP

Rgds,

Viks