cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1852i Setting up LAG switch requirements? I have a 3750x and 3560x

D. STM
Level 1
Level 1

I read on the 1852i you could setup 2GHZ Lag using both ports, this was on techwise videos, which I thought would be cool, once I got mine and messed with it, the guide it was saying you needed a 3650, or 3850 switch which doesn't make sense, has anyone tried this at all, with any other switch?

5 Replies 5

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

I *think* that if you want LAG it is assuming you are using the 1852 as a Controller (this is speculation on my part) so you can configure it within the controller component of the AP GUI. I would have thought you can connect it to any switch that supports mode on for port channel.

Cheers,

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

1852i GUI doesn't give a ton of stuff. If I had to convert this back to AP only mode, and use my 2504 I would consider that, just more concerned now with the switch, not sure if those are listed just the latest, or they are the only ones that support LAGB.

I think you'd be fine with any switch that supports LACP Etherhcannel which is the mode they've used in the example (mode active). That's contrary to what I earlier said about mode on (that's normally used for WLCs) but if your switch supports LAG at all I'd expect it to support either of those modes.. probably :)

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

See the section in this document entitled 'New Features'

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/1850_DG/b_Cisco_Aironet_Series_1850_Access_Point_Deployment_Guide.html#concept_38B4E5516A354F6A916EB1B64044CD06

It explains what needs to be done to make LAG work on this AP. 

Yeah, I have that downloaded, my concern was the statement where they say 3850 or 3650 I believe both of these models have built in controllers to use if you have licensing. . I have the 1852 setup as the controller now, I also have a 2504 that runs 2  2702i's I could use for the controller as well.  The 1852i doesn't have any gui advanced features like the 2504, so with the 1852i you have to do it via console.

So from this page, are they stating that you can only use a switch that supports LAGB? Or they just showing those 2 models as they are the more current units. I have a 3750x I would consider to use if it would work with that.

I would think that if any switch supported LAG, you could use it, as they sort of push this CME model, which from what I have been seeing a lot of users are interested in, as its gives you 25 AP licenses to use so entry price is nice, so I would think they would want to limit it to a certain model switch if someone wanted to give it more through put, I will have to read up on LAGB, and see if that is the limiting factor.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card