Views
Helpful
Replies

5508 WCS Buffer stops

davidlederhouse
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco 5508 on a new installation.  We currently have autonomous mode  APs through a third party solution.

We have converted two test APs to Lightweight mode  using the conversion tool and controller.

We can associate to the APs and see them join the controller. Our SSID is visible and being broadcast.

We can access sites internal to our network (http traffic). We are unable to load external sites.

A new VLAN was created on our core switch in a port channel configuration to the controller. 

When we create traffic using a laptop on the same vlan (through a slightly different path.....we can hit the internet, ftp, and telnet with no problem.  Switching back to the WLC,  telnet and FTP traffic also halt as well.  A few bytes pass and then the TCP/IP sessions hang when passing through the controller.

Our next step is to wipe the config back to defaults and start over. I would like to know if anyone has seen an issue with buffer overflows or stops?

We are running code version 7.0.98.0.

I did a quick search but did not find anything.

Thank you.

Dave

2 Replies 2

Serge Yasmine
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dave, this is not a known issue. Have you made any progress on this so far?

Thanks

Serge

We isolated the issue to a problem within the 6509.  No issue on the WLC.

When we relocated the uplink ports from the WLC to another path, the traffic flowed normally.

Not able to go into much more detail than that on a public forum. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card