Views
Helpful
Replies

7925g perform poorly in Aruba Wireless environment

jherrera2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I'm having  a lot of  performance issues in our VoWLAN, we have deployed Aruba 7210 Cootrollers running  6.3 OS with APs 105.135, 225 and 124, 134 and 224 with Cisco 7925g Cisco phones. Our Voice SSID work in 5ghz (802.11a). Cisco switches behind are 3560 and 3750

We loss  the voice stream during sessions (call), sometimes call can't be answered and one-way audio ramdonly too. Most of the phones with one or two exceptions has SNR higher than 35 and the health% which is a new parameter in Aruba OS 6.3 is super high also in most of them, with not less than 50%, but btw 70 and 100% in most of them. However we see a lot of retransmission frames in both ways to/from clients, even in phones with super high numbers. The coverage in the building regarding RF  great, and phopnes with APs on top of the user's desk (without romaing) has the issues above described.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the phone running on?

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Configure the Voice SSID of 5GHz with higher data rate. 54,48,36 mbps and disable all lower date rates and then check.

Configure the Voice SSID of 5GHz with higher data rate. 54,48,36 mbps and disable all lower date rates and then check.

WARNING:  DO NOT, under any circumstances, follow this advice/recommendation.  

If you disable data rates between 12 Mbps and 24 Mbps, I can guarantee, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE ANY OUTGOING AND INCOMING CALLS with your 792Xg phones.  

T Lee
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same exact issues. Were you guys able to resolve the issue? and how? Thanks

I don't think it was .. Let's see if JC responds. I helped JC on this one and what we captured was uapsd issues. For both sides on a phone Cisco and Aruba and it really didn't go anywhere. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card