cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800-CL AWS Configuration Issue

ritchie65
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 9800-CL in AWS which is reachable via GUI and CLI.

When I try to add a WLAN, it wil not accept any WLAN number and the security tab is completely blank with no options at all.

I don't believe this to be a licensing issue as the licennses are per AP, as I understand it.

Could there be some missing/required config to be completed bbefore a WLAN can be added?

Thanks

Ritchie

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...Could there be some missing/required config to be completed bbefore a WLAN can be added?
 - Review the current configuration which you have already with the CLI command : show tech wireless , have the output reviewed by :   https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/
                               Checkout all advisories (for starters!)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for the info.

The software version we have to use with this AWS implementation is 17.3.4c as that is the only one available that will support the existing 3700 series APs we have to migrate over (pending these APs being replaced with 9000 series)

Is external communication with Cisco (For the CSLU) mandatory to enable the WLC to be configured correctly?   I ask because we currently cannot ping/trace to external addresses (8.8.8.8, cisco.com, google.com)

Thannks again

Ritchie

>... is the only one available that will support the existing 3700 series APs 
  Not exactly in  17.9.3 that support was introduced again  because of many customers still having these access points : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-9/release-notes/rn-17-9-9800.html#whats-new-1793   , it's probably advisable to for that version.
           >... Is external communication with Cisco (For the CSLU) mandatory to enable the WLC to be configured correctly? 
  - I don't think so , did you already try the WirelessAnalyzer procedure on on your configuration attempts , as mentioned in my initial reply ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have not tried the 9800-CL in AWS, but in Azure, if you don't use the correct server type, you run into issue like what you have seen.  Since this is a new setup, you might as well delete that instance and create a new instance following the guide and recommendations.  Even though you might of followed it in the first place, doesn't mean something happened.  It doesn't take long to spin up a new one and test again.  You don't need any license to use the 9800 and that will not affect what you see in the GUI/CLI.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card