cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP1602I not registering with Wireless LAN Controller

credmond1
Level 1
Level 1

I attached a new AP to a current network. The same model as what is currently on the network. The AP is stuck in a discovery/join loop. Cycles the Green, Red, Amber LED, then goes to a solid green for about 30-40 sec. Then goes to through the Discovery/join process. I have verified connectivity and have conducted a factory reset. I have also ensured there is not a loose connection. 

The only difference in AP model is the current models on the net are AIR-CAP1602I-A-K9. The new AP installed is AIR-CAP1602I-B-K9. 

Wireless LAN Controller is a 5508 running 8.0.104.0 software version. 

I also have a AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9 and AIR-CAP1552I-A-K9 running on the net without issues. 

Under AP Join it gives the following information: 

Reason For Last Unsuccessful Attempt: Missing AP Manager interface

Last Error Summary Last AP Message Decryption Failure:

Last AP Connection Failure: Image data request received from an unsupported AP

Last AP Disconnect Reason:

Last Error Occurred: Lwapp discovery request rejected

Last Error Occurred Reason: Discarding LWAPP Discovery Request from AP Since entry exists in CAPWAP

Last Join Error Timestamp:

It will also give the last error occurred reason as Missing AP manger interface. 

The DHCP server is set up the same as for all the other AP's and points to the correct AP Manager Interface through Option 43. 

DHCP Info

ip dhcp pool 2
network 172.17.x.x 255.255.0.0
domain-name workgroup
default-router 172.17.x.x 
option 43 hex f104.ac10.xxxx
option 60 ascii Cisco AP c1600

Does anyone have ANY idea if the AP is faulty, not compatible with this WLC etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Console into the AP and post the complete output to the command "sh version". 

Post the complete output to the WLC command "sh sysinfo" and "sh time". 

Unfortunately, I am not local anymore. It was installed and I am now remote. My next visit will be in 2 wks.

WiFi Trainers
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You have mentioned that the new AP is AIR-CAP1602I-B-K9. This is a B regulatory domain AP. They are not supported in the 8.0 release. As you can see in the below link, support for B regulatory domain AP's started from 8.2.110.0:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn82mr1.html#pgfId-1424113

Please upgrade to the latest 8.2 available on cisco.com and verify.

Best Regards,

www.wifitrainers.com

Learn from the Best To be the Best!

Join us on LinkedIn to get access to our free tech-talks and training resources!!!

That is a valid point and I wondered if that was the problem. We do actually have a software upgrade scheduled.

Actually 8.0.132.0  adds support for domain B ap's while continuing to support those dying 1131's.  I seem to be loosing a few a month during restarts as I refresh switching infrastructure..

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn80mr3.html

In case you did not notice, 8.1.x.x  and UP, discontinues support for 1131's

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card