cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 350 Compatible w/LinkSys WAP?

kleinfelter
Level 1
Level 1

I'm unable to get an Aironet 350 to communicate successfully with a LinkSys WAP. Has anyone succeeded with this?

I've tried all the obvious - same ssid, no WEP, setting the WAP to different channels, long/short preamble. The WAP works with a LinkSys PC Card, but the Aironet won't "associate" with it. Statistics shows lots of PLCP CRC errors on the Aironet.

I know that the Aironet 340 works with Linksys. Has anyone gotten the 350 to fly? If so, I'd love to hear from you here or at -- cisco<at>kleinfelter.com.

4 Replies 4

kleinfelter
Level 1
Level 1

Oddly enough, the Aironet card successfully communicates in ad hoc mode with a Linksys card, it just fails to connect to the LinkSys access point. Help!

blue.modal
Level 1
Level 1

I've done it, and I don't remember anything odd - but I use mostly CE clients.

There's an interesting article in the next PC Mag on interoperability:

www.pcmag.com/image_popup/?iid=11601&s=1474

Remember, they tested everything with stock antennas.

Matthew Wheeler

jharnold
Level 1
Level 1

Just setup my BEFSR41W V2 and have used it with no problems with my 342 and 352 PC cards. Nothing special, just set it up (XP) and it worked. What I can't get working is 128 bit WEP on either card.

Finally got WEP working on my 352 card. Using XP, in the ACU I had to click the "Allow windows to configure my wireless network settings" box under profile manager. Once I did that I tried 64 bit and 128 bit WEP with great results. Haven't tried the 342 card yet, but I expect it to preform the same. Linksys tech support was completely useless, telling me that they don't offer support for WEP and that I should enter a 10 digit key for 128 bit WEP......not good, but for $138 out the door for a wireless AP what can you expect?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card