cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone put two wlans on two wisms into one subnet?

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

We have two WiSM blades on one C6500 switch. We use WiSMs as DHCP relay pointing to central DHCP. Because of the lack of IP subnets, we want to use one /22 subnets for the two WLANs(same SSID) on two wisms. Anyone tried this? Any problems with this setup?

Thanks!

Zhenning

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I understand this correctly, you want to have multiple vlans tied to one ssid. If this is correct, then AP Groups is what you need to configure.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008073c723.shtml

Unless youare trying to have one subnet and one ssid configured on both WiSM's, which should work.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

No, not really the AP groups. My senario is as follows:

Say I have WLAN/SSID ABC on controller A of the WiSM 1. The WLAN ABC is assigned with subnet x.y.z.0/24. Now I want to add WiSM 2 to the same CAT6500 chassis. I need to create WLAN/SSID ABC on controller A of WiSM 2 as well. The most important is I want the WLAN ABC on WiSM 2 to use the same subnet x.y.z.0/24. So I will have one subnet across two WiSM modules. Is it ok to do this?

Thanks!

Yes.... you will just need to create a dynamic interface on both WLC for the subnet. Then when you create an ssid ABC, you map that ssid to that dynamic interface you created.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card