Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1532 Flashing Green and RED

Jose Lucas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a controller 5508, with, internal antennas 2700 Series and external antenas. All APs work fine, internal APs have green led and when somebody connect turn to Blue.

But with the external antenas i have the led blinking green and red, I check the AP and is perfectly recheable by ping, is registered fine on WLC,and  have user connected and ALL works fine!! ...

My question is what means blinking  Red and green ???

PD: in the WLC log not show nothing wrong

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jiflorwi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

does your 2700 have enough power?

View solution in original post

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Most probably not enough power, check your ap-log (too), either from the ap-console or else from a remote connection.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

jiflorwi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

does your 2700 have enough power?

I have the same issue. The power is normal. Only this device connected to a switch providing 150W the port can also deliver 34,4W the max usage of the AP1532E is 48V x 0,7A = 33,6W

There is no SSIDs announced,

The current power usage of the port is at around 5W

The device is UX and not enroled in any country but the Controller has only one Country code selected.

To UX device:

You will see the APs LED blinking red and green even though the AP has obtained the IP address and joined the controller. This is because there is no regulatory domain set on the AP, and it has not been primed with the correct domain.

Universal AP Regulatory Domain Deployment Guide http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-0/AP_Regulatory_Domain_DG/b_universal_AP_regulatory_domain_DG.html

led blinking red and green and off

It's not listed....

This was a UX AP that was not attached to a region. For future referens, this is not clear in the documentation.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ux-ap/guide/uxap-mobapp-g.html

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Most probably not enough power, check your ap-log (too), either from the ap-console or else from a remote connection.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Jose Lucas
Level 1
Level 1

i was looking and inline power is close to the limit of use.

Thanks for the Hint !! I Will solve it changin some aps to other switch with more free inline power.

Jose Lucas
Level 1
Level 1

I have changed the AP to other switch with POE+ and enough free inline power and the problem persist.

in the AP log not show nothing rare, in the controller log the same, nothing rare.

This is the loading secuence

• blinking green
  • Cycling through RED, GREEN, AMBER, and OFF
  • After a while blinking red and green.

In the controller i saw the AP registered OK working at fullpower 30 Watts.

Could you give any idea what could be hapenning?

Thanks!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card