cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 4800e

abe_froman
Level 1
Level 1

I give. What am I missing when trying to upload a new firmware? I have downloaded the 8.80 upgrade, am attempting it from 8.65.2. The file extensions are .450 and .mib. I cannot find detailed info, even on EOL pages, that descride either how to convert to another type file, or what.

I'm exhausted.

2 Replies 2

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

You do not have to convert the file extensions. Here is the detailed upgrade procedure for the 8.80 firmware. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps441/prod_release_note09186a008007f987.html#xtocid7

I'm missigin something then. I've been all over those instructions, and at least believe I've followed them to a t, with no luck. The .exe firmware file comes zipped twice. I've loaded as is, zipped once, and also zipped twice. Only when it's zipped for the second time does it turn into a .450 extension. After it loads, and I surf back to the home default page, the firmware version still shows 8.65.2. I also am unsure of the other utility, or .mib download. I've even opened up both files with my hex editor in an attempt to try to understand what it should do. Beware, "should" is the best word in the english dictionary.

Thank you anyway, I'm still looking and trying. My support duty today is for someone getting their tonsils taken out, liability #1, or youngest daughter.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card