Apresentações
Útil
Respostas

AP not join controller

athan1234
Level 3
Level 3

Hello

This AP was working fine a week ago. For some reason, the Ap is not JOIN to the controller.

Do you have any ideas?

(Cisco Controller) show> sysinfo

Manufacturer's Name.............................. Cisco Systems Inc.
Product Name..................................... Cisco Controller
Product Version.................................. 8.0.133.0
Bootloader Version............................... 1.0.20
Field Recovery Image Version..................... 7.6.95.16
Firmware Version................................. FPGA 1.7, Env 1.8, USB console 2.2
Build Type....................................... DATA + WPS

1 Soluções Aceita

Soluções aceites

Hello @athan1234 

you can try with "capwap ap mode local" from the AP

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

Ver solução na publicação original

22 RESPOSTAS 22

Hi  @athan1234 

This can be due certificate expired. Did you try the command ?

config ap cert-expiry-ignore mic enable

Hi @Flavio Miranda On the AP ?

On the WLC.

@Flavio Miranda  This command has an effect on either the controller or the clients.

@athan1234  What´s is that? Sorry did not follow you here.

this command aims to not refuse the AP in case the certificate is expired. The AP and the WLC use a x509 certificate in order to validate each other. But the certicate expired after 10 years and that can be the case for this AP.

study!Think you!

athan1234
Level 3
Level 3

Hi @Flavio Miranda  thanks

It was a good try. Which WLC model is it?

yes, it is  WLC 5508

Make sure the AP is permited on the WLC. 2702E requires that the mac address is permited.

In SECURITY> AP Poilcy

If not, add the mac address of the AP there. There is a button on the top right side "add"

ok

It seems you dont as the option "Authorize MIC APs against auth-list or AAA." is not checked.

The last thing I would recommend is factory reset the AP and see if it join.

You can use the mode button for that or use the command "capwap ap erase all" on the AP.

What happend if i check  the opcion Authorize MIC APs against auth-list or AAA the AP was registred?

for the other hand

For this AP, I only have a control remote. I can now access the Ip by using the command "capwap ap erase all." after of that i will have remote access as well

Dont check this option if you do not use it before. This can cause all your working AP to drop from the WLC.

If you have remote access to the AP you can run the command. The worst case scenarion the AP will stay out of the WLC anyway.