Views
Helpful
Replies

AP wi-fi problem

takimy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

I have an issue where my internet got problem which is very slow connection when connecting to the Wi-fi. But when using ethernet, there is no problem at all.

Any advice for me? 

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@takimy wrote:

I have an issue where my internet got problem which is very slow connection when connecting to the Wi-fi. But when using ethernet, there is no problem at all.

1. What radio is the wireless client connected to?
  2. What data rates?
  3. What is the wireless NIC model and wireless NIC drivers?
  4. What is the model of the AP?
  5. What is the firmware of the controller?

takimy
Level 1
Level 1
  1. What radio is the wireless client connected to?

takimy_0-1669017916932.png     

takimy_1-1669018016985.png

2. What data rates?

takimy_2-1669018098804.png

3. What is the wireless NIC model and wireless NIC drivers?

takimy_3-1669018156196.png

4. What is the model of the AP?

takimy_4-1669018268941.png

5. What is the firmware of the controller?

An Intel AX200-series wireless client connecting to 2.4 Ghz?  

And people are complaining of "slow response"?

And you have to say what "slow" is in this case.

the internet speed is slow, for ethernet connection could reach up to 300mbps meanwhile for wi-fi only could reach 15mbps

takimy_1-1669019849813.png

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

@takimy can you isolate the client to test both 2.4GHz and 5-GHz radios? I mean, try to configure a channel which won't be in use by any other nearby AP as 2.4GHz band is well-known for been crowded so throughput and performance could not be the best. Additionally, is there any way you can test the throughput using an internal iPerf server and not one hosted on the Internet side? These test depend on many factors you canno control from the wireless side as congestion in your WAN link, on the Internet, the path that traffic follows to the remote server, the load of the remote server,...

I see you are using one of the latest Intel drivers (170 and 180 are solving issues not related to performance) but if the problem persists I recommend you to also open a thread on Intel communities

tobies
Level 1
Level 1

Try to use some best practices. Here are some quite safe suggestions (… without knowing your environment! So, everything I suggest CAN be wrong in some cases):

• use 5GHz only
  • use 40MHz bandwidth. Less, if you can't. More if you can.
  • disable legacy datarates (below 12Mbit/s)
  • use short guard interval
  • disable RTS/CTS
  • use at least WPA2
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card