Views
Helpful
Replies

Apple Iphone Connectivity Issue

yakubpangat
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I'm using Cisco WLC 2504 with 4 SSID in our company. When I try to connect second SSID by using Iphone, it showing an error like "unable to join to the network". If I completely forget the first SSID, then I can connect easily to second one. I tried the same step using android smart phone and laptop. I can switch between SSID with out disconnect or forget.

So hope your support to solve this issue.

Thanks and regars

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Is this issue consistent or intermittent ? Did you check with different iOS version of iPhones ?

Also check if fast-ssid change enable (Controller > General > Fast SSID change)

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

Hi,

I'm notice "Fast SSID Change" has a weird issue :

My AP broadcast 2 SSIDs:
Office - 802.1x Local Switching , VLAN40
Guest- PSK Local Switching , VLAN80

With "Fast SSID Change" enabled, client jumps from "Office" to "Guest" (on the same AP) and assigned wrong VLAN, the fact that client assigned to VLAN99, which is AP-management VLAN

With "Fast SSID Change" disable, client jumps from "Office" to "Guest" (on the same AP) and assigned to VLAN80, it's fine but Apple clients(iPhone, iPad)  have to rejoin 2 times, the first time always failed and the second time always successful.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Is this issue consistent or intermittent ? Did you check with different iOS version of iPhones ?

Also check if fast-ssid change enable (Controller > General > Fast SSID change)

HTH

Rasika

Dear Manannalage...

Thanks your prompt support. My issue solved when I enabled fast ssid

Thanks for your support

Nice to hear that & thanks for rating our responses as well.

Rasika

Hi,

I'm notice "Fast SSID Change" has a weird issue :

My AP broadcast 2 SSIDs:
Office - 802.1x Local Switching , VLAN40
Guest- PSK Local Switching , VLAN80

With "Fast SSID Change" enabled, client jumps from "Office" to "Guest" (on the same AP) and assigned wrong VLAN, the fact that client assigned to VLAN99, which is AP-management VLAN

With "Fast SSID Change" disable, client jumps from "Office" to "Guest" (on the same AP) and assigned to VLAN80, it's fine but Apple clients(iPhone, iPad)  have to rejoin 2 times, the first time always failed and the second time always successful.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card