cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

-B Regulatory Domain access point will not join WLC properly

rsherman
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to join -b regulatory domain access points to a controller properly? I have a 2504 running 8.2.121.0, a known firmware release that supports -b access points. I cannot get the AP's to download the firmware and register properly. They stay up for a few minutes and then reboot repeatedly. I do not currently have console access to them. Do these need primed like the universal AP's do?

19 Replies 19

Try to upgrade to v8.3.  I have some -A with a -B running at home.  I did have v8.2.100.0 when the 3802 -B joined my controller.  Its hard to say what the issue is without console access.  You have other AP's joined to the controller?

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott,

I have the same issue.  All -B AP's are able to join a WLAN controller is running 8.0.133 code.  At second location, 3 -b AP's couldn't join a WLAN controller with same 8.0.133 code.

Eric, 

Create a new thread for your issue.  

Eric,

Try to point the discovery to a controller that -B have joined.  It might be the version of AP in which you might need 8.0.135.0

-Scott 

-Scott

jjeffries
Level 1
Level 1

I was seeing this same issue with three 3702i-B APs trying to join a WiSM2 and a 5508 WLC.  Two of them were RMA'd to Cisco to investigate a flash problem that was seen when I was able to obtain remote console to them.  The third was snapped out of its boot loop when I had a local contact do a mode reset on the AP after I had upgraded the controller to 8.0.133.  I didn't obtain console access to this one as I expected it to the same problem, so I can't say what the cause actually was.   Both Controllers were running 8.0.120 and were upgraded to 8.0.133.  I saw the same issue on both WLC versions with those APs.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card