cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800 and Cisco Catalyst Center Missing Configs

Chris Terry
Level 1
Level 1

I'm standing up a new pair of C9800-40 WLCs using Catalyst Center. So far so good. It seems to add all the settings when I provision the 9800 through Catalyst Center.

There's a few settings that I can't seem to find a way to include when the 9800 is provisioned.

Pre-Auth ACLs for Guest/Open SSIDs that use a external ISE appliance for CWA. I have the Pre-Auth ACLs on Catalyst Center, but it looks like you can only attach pre-auth ACLs to Enterprise SSIDs after enabling Posture. Is there a way to do that for the Guest SSIDs?

The second missing config is DHCP Required for the Wireless Profile Polices on the WLC. I can't seem to find a way to include that in the provisioned config that get's pushed to the WLC(s).

9800-40 17.12.04
Catalyst Center 2.3.5.6

2 Replies 2

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

DHCP required is done via a model config under the Advanced SSID configuration. You will then need to add it to the wireless network profile and map to the SSID

The Pre-Auth ACL is configured under network settings>wireless>Pre-Auth Access Control Lists

it is then added to the Guest SSID config

HaydnAndrews_0-1727229961447.png

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Adding to notes from other poster ; once finished validate the configuration of the C9800  using the CLI command : show tech wireless and feed the output from that into Wireless Config Analyzer
    Use the full command pointed out in green , do not use a simple 'show tech' for this procedure ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card