cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I import a config from a 2100 wlc into a 5500 wlc ?

j-tagesson
Level 1
Level 1

I just got a new controller (5508).

Is it wise to try to import my 2100 config into the new Hw our should I start from srcratch ?

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would just start from scratch.  You might be able to pull most of the configuration in, but there are a lot of differences in those two platforms.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If it were me, start over. It doesnt take that long to rebuild and is good pratice. There are a few difference between the 2100 and the 5508. More over its the code that really matters. Say your 2100 is on 6.x code and your 5508 is on 7.x. I would upgrade your 2100 to the same code which is on the 5508 and then do a config swap.

Just my 2 pennys ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thought sO. Thanks for convincing me.

:-)

Completely agree with George, build it from scratch. It's great practice for making sure you have everything configured right. You can also do a screen comparison if you are afraid that you might miss something.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card