Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7921 Authentication

Hi ,

ı have cisco 7921 ip tel .its authentication method is 802.1x + CCKM . But sometimes , I get  ip configuring error some loaction in my bussiness and when I powered off and after powered on , then  it is ok

Can you help me about what is my problem

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware version is your phone running on?

firmware version is CP7921G-1.4.5.3.LOADS  my phone running on

Can you test if you can use OPEN authentication?

First I would die a survey with the phone across your problem areas. If you have any bring higher than -67 with your aps on 25-50mw tx power I would first correct that .. 

If if that turns out good then you need to make sure you have 25%cell overlap. 

I mi would also do a debug on the device and see what is going on from the phone perspective ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

ammahend
VIP
VIP

what kind of radius server you are using ?

Also can you confirm that when the phone is getting error its seeing the AP with RSSI value of -67 dBm  or better.

-hope this helps-

Radius Server is Cisco Secure ACS v4.2 . Yes when I see this error , RSSI value is -67db or better

ACS is not bad with logging information, can you filter with the phone mac address and paste what the ACS log is when phone not connecting, after  that boot the phone and reconnect successfully and paste(attach) the logs.

-hope this helps-

You have to get "debug client <7921_mac_address>" output from your WLC CLI while this issue happening. By looking at that we can see what's going on.

Pls attach that output

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: