cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet with radius disconnects on Microsoft Surface Pro

dfoote1983
Level 1
Level 1

I am supporting 400 users and our new setup for users is the Microsoft Surface 4 notebook. I am getting consistent network disconnects while users are working with radius authentication. The quest wireless works without issue. Also we have a number of Lenovo notebooks that work without issue. 

Any advise would be much appreciated. wireless

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@dfoote1983 wrote:

I am supporting 400 users and our new setup for users is the Microsoft Surface 4 notebook. I am getting consistent network disconnects while users are working with radius authentication. The quest wireless works without issue. Also we have a number of Lenovo notebooks that work without issue. 

Start the troubleshooting process by trying to verify and replicate the issue.  Try to determine what is the EXACT error message displayed or what is the behaviour when the issue occurs.  Is this only happening to EVERYONE or just one person?  Replicate using a different machine but the same model of machine.   

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What is your wireless environment made of , include access point models , controllers - if any , with software version (?)
 M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One pointer here. Always test and validate before rolling anything out. The issue you have now is reversed. You rolled out a new design and these Surface laptops are not working. Now you will be making changes to the wlan or radius that can break what is working. Right now, your best bet is to list out your equipment and firmware like the others have stated. Tell us how the wlan is configure, screen shot or cli, how is your policy setup, and anything else that can help. You have one of these so you can test with correct?

Also look at the netsh wlan show wlan reports for details on the issues. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the WLAN card and the driver in the device? What are the AP/WLC model and the code it's running?

it is always recommended that you run the latest wireless drivers in the Windows laptops. 

To check NIC and driver - "netsh wlan show drivers" in CMD

@Arshad Safrulla All the Microsoft Surface products use the Marvell wireless nic and the drivers are bundled in on a Windows Update.

@dfoote1983 The Surface driver bundles can be found here is you need to try to re-install them.

Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card